Aesop’s beloved fables come alive through music performed by the musicians of the New Albany Symphony and guest narrator, 10TV News Anchor Angela An. Join us for LIVE music and a beautiful fall Saturday at the New Albany Marx Library Garden.
With support from :
Beethoven Duo No. 1 in C Major – Ariane Sletner, violin and Luis Biava, cello
Aesop’s Fables for Narrator and Sextet – Music by Richard Maltz, Text adapted by Linda Lee Harper and Richard Maltz
Maria Renzetti, flute – Robert Pfeifer, clarinet – Adam Koch, horn – Craig Hahn, timpani – Ariane Sletner, violin – Luis Biava, cello with guest narrator 10 TV News Anchor Angela An
- The Hare and the Tortoise
- The Fox and the Grapes
- The Ants and the Grasshopper
- The Oak and the Reeds
- The Milkmaid and Her Pail
*Free parking is available adjacent to the Library Garden. Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your concert time to allow time to be seated. Each concert lasts approximately 35 minutes. We encourage you to bring your own lawn chair or blanket. All sales are final unless the concert is cancelled. We will make every effort to present the concerts as scheduled but in case of severe weather, please visit our website newalbanysymphony.com for updates.
*The New Albany Symphony will comply with all recommendations by the Franklin County Department of Health and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine to ensure a safe concert environment.
- The library garden can accommodate 50 people socially distanced 6 feet apart. We intend to place flags in the lawn where families sitting together can place a blanket/set up chair seating.
- Attendees are required to wear a face mask upon arrival, and at all times during the event with the exception of while eating or drinking.
- Tickets will be purchased in advance and ticketless entry will be employed. Guests will provide proof of purchase through their smart phone. We ask that attendees provide email addresses with their ticket purchase so we have contact tracing info in case we need to notify guests of a possible exposure.
- Hand sanitizer and extra masks will be on hand.
- There will be a 20-minute break between performances to reset the audience.